Here's part two of our list of places to get your domiciliary care business listed online. We've had to split it into two as there are so many places to list your business! You can find Part 1 here
This article focuses on websites that specialise in domiciliary care listings. Some of these are paid listings and some are free listings. They are in order of cost (with unknown cost at the top). I've not researched how effective they are, though I may put some comments about my gut instinct for looking for home care agencies over the last few years. One way of determining the value yourself would be to research the domain authority (a measure of how well regarded the website is), which you can do using this free tool: SEO Moz Toolbar
- Better Care Guide take their listings from CQC and allow you to claim them and enhance them for free, with the following benefits - providers can enter an ‘elevator pitch’ that appears on the listings page; providers with web pages get 'link juice' that helps with search engine optimisation; the URL of their page on the site will be submitted to search engines; they can enter a full description of the business that appears on the service page; they are informed as soon as someone comments on their service, with the option to respond to less favourable comments before they are published (within certain timescales).
- The Nursing Homes Directory have a list for home care providers. For FREE you can customise your entry. You can include any information that you feel is important and you can upload a photo as well.
- The Good Care Guide take their listings from the CQC website and offers all care homes, homecare agencies, nurseries and childcare agencies the ability to enhance their profiles free of charge if you register. I've come across this website a few times in the last few years.
- Home Help Finder They have free listings, or you can get listed with a premium listing for £10 per year. I must admit after a few years of being in the sector, I've never accidentally stumbled across this website though...
- Key Care Solutions have listings for home care and care homes. For an enhanced listing they charge £150 + VAT a year. They will also price match and have banner advertising on their site.
- Care Choices have basic listings for free, which they get from CQC website. They used to charge enhanced listings for £150 a year appear at the top of the listings page, although the pricing has now gone. They also produce regional directories and are part of the same group that produces CMM.
- Homecare.co.uk allow you to have a free listing. They also have enhanced listings for £210 per year, which gives you a range of extra features. This is by far and away the website I stumble across the most.
- Trusted Care - I've come across this one a few times. They charge £35 per lead, so you only pay for people who actually contact you. They encourage you to get your service users to leave reviews.
- My Care My Home have free listings that allow you to upload a logo or image of your services and encourage you to get your service users to write a review. There is a paid version with pricing points at £199, £399, and £999, though I'm not clear what each package will get you.