Once you have set up your domiciliary care business, you need to advertise your home care business online. Luckily, there are a number of places you can find free listings for home care and domiciliary care agencies. This is part one - each list gives you 7-8 places you can list your home care business for free (mostly)
There are some non-sector specific business listing websites you can advertise on:
Although these are free listings, you may find that you will get calls from business suppliers as the data is often sold as new businesses that have been set up. You may be able to opt out of your details being made available. However, if you have recently set up your business you may need new services - a timely cold call can sometimes be useful!
There are also websites that specialise in domiciliary care listings. Some of these are paid listings and some are free listings. They are in order of cost (with unknown cost at the top), but I've not researched how effective they are. One way of determining the value would be to research the domain authority (a measure of how well regarded the website is), which you can do using this free tool: SEO Moz Toolbar
- Better Care Guide take their listings from CQC and allow you to claim them and enhance them for free.
- Care Directory have basic listings for free, but have charges for feature listings. They currently only cover the south west of England
- Home Help Finder They have free listings, or you can get listed with a premium listing for £10 per year.
- The Nursing Homes Directory have started a list for home care providers. They get their entries from the CQC website, but if you are eager to be listed they will take manual submissions. Enhanced listings are £50 per year.
- Key Care Solutions have listings for home care and care homes. For an enhanced listing they charge £140 + vat a year, with discounts for groups. They also have banner advertising on their site and will price match.
Do you know any other good places to list a domiciliary care business? Get in touch and I can add them here!